- Etsy: Vintage furniture abounds on this popular website, so unique and good-looking products will likely sell here. Since the competition is fierce, make sure that your photos are as clear and professional as possible.
How to Run a Successful Online Furniture Store: 7 Secrets of Selling
Whether you are moving into a new home or you are just redecorating your apartment, the last thing you want to worry is having to get rid of your furniture. This is an excellent opportunity for you to start an online selling business in the furniture industry. Yes, building your own online furniture store is exactly what we are talking about.
You can start by selling your own furniture and later you can add some new products on the menu. The options are endless.
If you are interested, we have some effective strategies that will teach you how to sell furniture online fast and for the most money. Click heren to learn more about furniture selling in the UK!
Where to Sell Your Furniture
Today, there are a lot of marketplaces, platforms, and websites where you can sell your furniture. We’ve done our research and we’ve decided that these 5 places are best to promote and sell your home decor products:
- The RealReal: This website is known for selling luxury clothing, designer brands, and home products. Visit their website and discover unique products that will add sophistication to your home. You can sell absolutely everything – from smaller accessories to larger furniture.
- Chairish: As an online seller for one-of-a-kind and vintage furnishings, this website is known as the best marketplace for colorful products. Listings at Chairish start at $25.
- Craigslist: We assume you’ve already heard about Craigslist – an option that is worth considering, especially if you have products that are generic or already used. If you are looking to make a quick buck, Craigslist is the best place for you.
- Shopify: Shopify is one of the best ecommerce websites builders on the market. The platform provides you with everything you need to build an online store. By using Shopify’s features, you can build your own furniture store and start selling to your customers directly.
7 Things to Know Before Start Selling Furniture Online
Here are – the seven secrets of selling furniture online:
1.Determine the Condition of The Product
The first thing you should do is analyze the condition of your furniture. Is it in good shape? Does it have any blemishes? Does it have any usefulness left?
These questions are important and you should ask yourself while analyzing your products. You may adore your product, however, it is important to consider whether it would be desirable for someone else.
2. Explain Why You Are Selling It
You don’t have to write the whole story, but add something like “I’m redecorating” or “I’m moving back home”. Give some information to your buyers.
Sometimes, customers want to know the history of your product, so make sure to share some interesting detail. It is important to establish a personal connection with your buyers. That’s the best way to attract new customers and hopefully double your sales.
3. Pay Attention to Timing
Timing plays a huge role in the process of selling furniture online. If you want to sell your furniture right away, we recommend you to lower the prices. This will increase the chances of selling your products faster.
If you are not in a rush, you can offer your products for a higher price. The right customer will come.
Another thing to keep in mind is that people usually sell their furniture during summer months because it is a desirable time to move into a new apartment or house.
4. Check The Competition
When selling online, it is recommendable to check out other websites and online that sell similar products to yours. Search for things that resemble your product in condition, style, age, and brand. Figure out how you can improve your product and make sure it is more attractive and competitive than the rest.
Checking the competition can also help you define the right price for your product.
5. Take High-Quality Photos of Your Furniture
You need to remember that pictures do matter, especially when selling furniture online. When we way pictures, we don’t think about stock photos. We are talking about real photos that show the condition of your furniture.
When people purchase furniture online, they are making decisions based on the photos and the description provided. It is important to provide clear photos, from every side. Remove the unnecessary things around the product. If you are not an expert in photography, you can hire a professional photographer or just follow these tips to make your product look perfect:
- Take photos during daylight hours
- Clean your furniture
- Take eye-level photos of your furniture’s front, back, and sides
6. Is Your Home Smoke-Free or Pet-Free
We’ve already concluded that people want details and information they can’t see in the images. If your home is smoke-free or pet-free, it is important to mention that in the description.
7. Prepare to Negotiate
You need to keep in mind that people sometimes won’t pay you the price you want. Everyone will try to negotiate and lower the price. So, we recommend you to put a higher price and go from there. Be prepared to discuss, in order to reach the real price. If you need the money right away, you are not in a position to ask for more than you need.
Negotiating is part of the process. It depends on your comfort level. Negotiating might get you the price you want or find greater value. The point is that you will get rid of the item and make some money.
Online Furniture Store: Final Words
The need to sell furniture online results from different situations – moving, replacing old furniture or getting rid of the things that sit in your storage. By following these seven tips, you will get the most out of selling your furniture.
So, are you ready to make a list of the things you don’t need anymore? Start your furniture business today!